Vegan Omega 3 6 9 (Ahiflower®)
Vegan Omega 3 6 9 (Ahiflower®)
What is Vegan Omega 3 6 9?
Vegan Omega 3 6 9 is sourced from the seeds of the Buglossoides arvensis plant, which is sustainably grown in the UK with full traceability. Produced under the brand name Ahiflower®, every field of these plants produce a a source of omega-rich oil. Omega fatty acids have been a hot topic in the Sports Nutrition industry for a number of years now and historically they have been tricky to fit into a vegan diet.
Traditionally, the main supplemental form of Omega-3 Fatty Acids for vegetarians and vegans has been flaxseed oil,
due to the naturally occurring ALA (Alpha Linolenic Acid). The last couple of years have seen a few more vegan omega options emerge onto the market, with algae, chia seeds and hemp oil emerging as alternative choices. Ahiflower® is high in Omega-3 due to the ALA content; it also provides Omega-6 fatty acids in the form of GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid) and LA (Linoleic Acid), as well as Omega-9 in the form of Oleic Acid.
Benefits of Vegan Omega 3 6 9:
- High in Omega-3 fatty acids
- Provides Omega-6 and Omega-9 fatty acids
- UK-grown and fully traceable
- From the seeds of Buglossoides arvensis
- Provides SDA as well as ALA
- No fishy reflux
- Fully vegetarian and vegan-friendly
What’s in Vegan Omega 3 6 9?
As a quick rundown of all the acronyms in the above paragraph, here’s what’s provided per capsule:
- 315mg ALA (Alpha Linolenic Acid) – ALA contributes to the maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels* and the most common form of Omega-3 fatty acid found in seeds and plants. ALA can be converted in the body to EPA (Eicosepanteanoic Acid) and DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid).
- 128mg SDA (Stearidonic Acid) – SDA is a less common form of Omega-3 fatty acid. It is produced as the body converts ALA to EPA and DHA.
- 68mg LA (Linoleic Acid) – Linoleic Acid is an Omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acid. Typical dietary sources are nuts and seeds.
- 34mg GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid) – GLA is another form of Omega-6 fatty acid which can be found in hemp seeds and evening primrose oil.
- 45mg Oleic Acid – Oleic Acid is an Omega-9 monounsaturated fatty acid which is more common in the diet. This is typically found in olive oil and avocado.
Who is Vegan Omega 3 6 9 Suitable for?
The human body is unable to produce essential fatty acids, so they must be obtained from the diet. Vegan Omega 3 6 9 is suitable for anyone looking to increase their intake of these fatty acids and is looking for a sustainable, UK-sourced alternative to fish oils.
* ALA contributes to the maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels. The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 2g of ALA.Disclaimer: Implied results may vary. Individuals will respond differently. Implied results assume an appropriate nutrition and training plan.
PER 1 Capsule:
Omega 3 Fatty Acids:
Alpha Linolenic Acid: 315mg
Stearidonic Acid: 128mg
Omega 6 Fatty Acids:
Linoleic Acid: 68mg
Gamma Linolenic Acid: 34mg
Omega 9 Fatty Acids:
Oleic Acid: 45mg
Ahiflower® Oil (Buglossoides arvensis Seed Oil, Rosemary Extract, Mixed Tocopherols, Sunflower Oil, Sunflower Lecithin, Ascorbyl Palmitate), Softgel Shell (Modified Food Starch, Carrageenan, Vegetable Glycerin, Purified Water).
Vegetarian, Vegan, Non-GM, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Lactose Free, Soya Free.
Take 1-3 capsules per day with water.
Vegan Omega 3 6 9 – Ahiflower® Oil can be combined with any of our Vegan Series products as well as our Pure Series vitamins and minerals.